In this New Year, we are going to start a tradition. We are going to publish in our blog what we consider are some of the best posts in Interior Design, Home Staging and Decoration that we’ve found during the previous month.
I know they are not our posts, but that doesn’t mean they are not great and original. And that’s why we will link directly to the source for you to enjoy them.
TOP POST: Tips For Buying The Right Home, by Katrina Chambers
You probably remember Katrina Chambers from the TV program The Block. She is a mum of three, an experienced Interior Designer and a great blogger. If you are thinking about moving to a new house this year, you should not miss this post.
“Buying a new home can be a very stressful experience, especially if you don’t do the proper research. You can easily fall in love with a home when stalking the real estate pages, or visiting open homes. When you decide to move house, take on a renovation, or even refinance your current home, all of these decisions can be messy and painful if you aren’t sure where to start. My husband and I have done it many times. We’ve built 3 times, renovated twice and bought a couple of times. Each time we’ve decided to move on, I am the one who does all the research. Usually it’s a long process and one I don’t take lightly! Out come the spreadsheets and notepads. I like to cover every base and make sure the end result is going to be the best option for us financially.” Keep reading here
TOP POST: 12 Interior Trend Predictions For 2017, by Interiors Addict
Interiors Addict is one of the best Interior Designs blogs in Australia, period. Thanks to them we get to discover some of the best brands and designers in the country. They are constantly evolving and constantly teaching us new things. In this post they go a step beyond, and show us the predictions that the Interior Design Social Network Houzz has made on the new trends for this 2017. I’ll bet they are spot on!
“With 2017 just around the corner, Houzz, the leading platform for home renovation and design, have shared what they expect to see more of in our homes next year.
1. Green is meant to be seen. With a surge in eco-consciousness and garden-to-table living, leafy, botanic greens have been dug up in homes this year. Couple that with Pantone’s colour of the year Greenery promising a fresh, reinvigorated start and we think green will be a big colour for 2017.” Keep reading here
TOP POST: Home Staging For Sale, by The Life Creative
We, at The Canvas Art Factory, are firm believers in home staging for many reasons, we even wrote a post about tips to home staging your living-dining room. That’s why we loved this post by the blog The Life Creative, a blog founded by the Interior Designer Chris Carroll, where he explains in very simple bullet points why professional home staging is a great investment.
“The main benefits of having your home staged for sale include:
- The home typically sells faster and at a higher price point
- The photos of your home will stand out from the crowd and garner more interest
- The furniture staging sells a lifestyle to the potential buyer, connecting with them emotionally
- The buyer doesn’t have to use their imagination as to where things go – especially in an empty property” Keep reading here
I hope you find these posts as interesting and inspiring as we did ourselves.